The warm weather is back, but unfortunately, so are the fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. Aside from being pesky, these tiny critters can cause a number of health problems for your pet if not destroyed, including allergy dermatitis (caused by fleas), Lyme disease (caused by ticks), and heartworm disease (caused by infected mosquitoes). To protect your pet, consider the tips below:
- Keep your pet on a year-round parasite preventive medication.
- If you find a mosquito in your home, kill it!
- Clean your house regularly to prevent flea infestations.
- Empty your vacuum bag or contents (if vacuum is bagless), in case any fleas were vacuumed.
- Keep your grass trimmed.
- Limit your pet’s exposure to grassy, wooded areas, where ticks tend to thrive.
If you would like to learn more about parasitic diseases and how you can protect your pet from, give us a call at 952-447-4171.